I was nominated to answer these 11/12 questions for the Liebster Award by Elise. “The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. Acknowledging up and coming bloggers for their talent, and being able to read many different blogs through each other. The simple rules are, you choose your nominees and you ask them questions that they will go and answer on their own blog.” And here are my answers to each question:
1. What was the inspiration for the name of your blog?
Fairly obvious really… the name for my blog was inspired by my love of travel!
2. What has been the best thing to happen to you so far since starting blogging?
The best thing that has happened to me since I started blogging a few months ago is getting two articles published in a glossy magazine – one on New York and one on Dubai! I felt extremely proud!
3. What instagram/youtube/pinterest accounts inspire you?
Out of these three, I only really use Instagram. I follow a variety of different accounts, although many are other travellers as I love looking at their photos for inspiration.
4. What’s your signature look? (clothes, hair and makeup)
I don’t really have one… I’m usually pretty casual unless I’m going somewhere formal! My hair is always down unless it’s hot or I’m working out and then it’s just up in a ponytail.
5. What are you reading right now, and what do you think of it so far?
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez. I love Latin American literature and have read this book before but it is an amazing, if confusing, book. Give it a read and see what you think!
6. What TV show do you wish you lived in and why?
I don’t really watch a lot of TV but I loved Poldark so I would have to say that. My reasons… I like the characters and there is always a lot going on! Swanning around in a long dress is also strangely appealing to me!?
7. Current favourite song?
I love Disturbed’s version of Sound of Silence – it’s incredibly powerful.
8. What hobby do you want to take up?
Not sure I can think of one… I don’t really have time for any more hobbies in between working, blogging, my current hobby (running) and running round after my daughter!!
9. What goals are you currently working towards?
My goals at the moment are to get more travel articles published and to improve my photography skills as I’m a little rusty (I did A Level photography some years ago but haven’t done much since!).
10. What’s your quote to live by?
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once…
11. What motivates you?
Providing for and setting a good example to my daughter.
12. Optional/Bonus Question: Where can readers find you on social media?
Nominee questions to answer:
- What was your first blog post about?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your main strength?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What makes you happy?
- What was the best gig you’ve ever been to?
- Which country would you most like to visit and why?
- What’s your favourite song of all time?
- If you had £500 to spend what would you buy?
- What’s your favourite meal and who would you most like to share it with?
- If you could travel back to any period in time, when would it be and why?
Once you’ve answered these questions, nominate more bloggers to take part… And don’t forget to link back to the blogger who nominated you!
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to sign up to my blog while you’re here to receive my posts direct to your inbox!