I have been fortunate to go to lots of beautiful places over the years, but there are some experiences I have had that will stay with me forever…
- Visiting the ruins of Palenque, Mexico first thing in the morning before the masses arrived and with the mist still hanging low over the forest.
- Watching the sunset over beautiful Rio de Janeiro from the top of Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Seeing a pod of dolphins jumping and swimming alongside our boat in The Maldives.
- Taking a 4WD trip into the desert in Dubai, then watching the sun setting whilst riding a camel over the sand dunes.
- Night canoeing in the Amazon – hearing the sounds of the jungle in the darkness was incredible, if slightly unnerving!
- Going on a two week road trip round Scotland. There were stunning mountains and lochs wherever you looked.
- Visiting the Abuko Nature Reserve in The Gambia. It was tranquil and beautiful, but teeming with wildlife.
- Camping at Souter Lighthouse before the Great North Run – such a stunning location to wake up in… even if I did then have to get up and run 13.1 miles!
- Watching a rocket blast off into space from Cape Canaveral Airforce Base in Florida – an amazing experience and probably not one I will ever have again.
- Flying back from New York first class – it’s certainly a whole different experience to travelling economy!
- Looking out over NYC from Top of the Rock – what a fantastic view of the City!
- Skiing in Courchevel… such a lovely resort and with stunning views of Mont Blanc as you head down the pistes.
- Visiting the Alhambra Palace in Granada, Spain. Beautiful architecture, covered in intricate Moorish patterns and with a great view of Granada to boot.
- Sailing to the Channel Islands was an incredible experience – I felt like an explorer setting off on a round-the-world voyage!
- Spending Christmas at Center Parks in the Lake District and waking up on Christmas Day to a snow-covered forest and frozen lake.
And, hopefully, I will have even more amazing experiences to add to this list in the future…
Please follow and like us: