It’s somehow almost Christmas again (how did that happen??) which means it’s time to start thinking about gifts for your nearest and dearest… so here are a few of my suggestions if you have a keen traveller to buy gifts for:
- A compact camera. I know phone cameras are pretty good nowadays but ‘proper’ cameras still offer a lot more creative flexibility, which can come in handy when you’re travelling.
- A comfortable backpack. Very useful for carrying all your bits and bobs on a day out exploring.
- Travel sized toiletries. Small toiletries are handy for taking on those weekends away when you want to travel light.
- Small binoculars. A pair of small binoculars is great if you are going to be doing any wildlife watching or stargazing!
- A flask or water bottle. It is much more environmentally friendly to take a bottle with you and re-fill it than to be constantly buying bottles of water which then end up in landfill (see my previous post on tips for sustainable travelling: My Top Tips for Sustainable Travel).
- An eye mask and earplugs. Because we’ve all stayed in hotels on noisy streets and/or with very thin curtains… I never travel without either of these items!
- Earphones/headphones. A decent pair of earphones or headphones is really useful for listening to music whilst you are travelling.
- A book or book voucher. I make the most of my time spent travelling by catching up on some reading… I don’t get much chance at any other time!
- A travel journal or notebook. I think many travellers like to make notes about their travel plans or to write a bit about where they have been and what they have done…
- A holiday voucher. Because – let’s be honest – who wouldn’t want a bit of help paying for their next trip!?
I hope my traveller’s gift list helps you a little with your holiday shopping! Sadly, I haven’t even started my own Christmas shopping yet…
Do you have any other great ideas for gifts for travellers? Let me know if you do…
Happy Travel Shopping!